On 1 July 2021, a permanent exhibition on Prince of Transylvania Ferenc Rákóczi II opened in Jindřichův Hradec in the South Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. The exhibition was opened by Márton Schőberl, Deputy State Secretary for Cultural Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary.
The memorial room, initiated and coordinated by the Hungarian Cultural Institute in Prague, is located in the former Jesuit College in Jindřichův Hradec, where Ferenc Rákóczi II lived and studied between 1688 and 1690. The opening ceremony, addressed by Deputy State Secretary for Cultural Diplomacy, Márton Schőberl, was attended by Deputy Minister of the Czech Ministry of Culture, Jiří Vzientek, Mayor of Jindřichův Hradec, Jan Mlčák, Ministerial Commissioner of the Prime Minister's Office, former head of the Ferenc Rákóczi II Memorial Year Board, Gergely Gaal and Deputy Director General of the Hungarian National Museum, Dr. Tamás Pusztai.
Deputy State Secretary Márton Schőberl highlighted that with the new permanent exhibition in the South Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic, all Visegrad countries have at least one memorial dedicated to the Prince. He emphasized that Ferenc Rákóczi II is a true role model whose respect and popularity still prevail. He was Hungarian, Central European, and European at the same time. A true “Visegrad” personality, if you like. Márton Schőberl pointed out that it was a fortunate coincidence that Hungary took over the rotating presidency of the Visegrad Group on the very day the exhibition was opened.
The exhibition “For Fatherland and Freedom With God! - Ferenc Rákóczi II” presents the life and work of the Prince, his years, and his connections in the Czech Republic. A number of original documents (letters, chronicles, documents, etchings) related to Ferenc Rákóczi II, preserved in the Czech archives, are also on display. The exhibition includes a copy of one of the most famous paintings of Ferenc Rákóczi II, the portrait of the Prince by Ádám Mányoki. The copy was originally donated to the Municipal Museum of Jindřichův Hradec by Hungary in 1962.
The exhibition, organized by the Hungarian National Museum and curated by historian Róbert József Szvitek, was supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Hungary, the National Cultural Fund of Hungary, and the Ferenc Rákóczi II Memorial Year.